Who needs a Form ECI-EPIC-001?
Form ECI-EPIC-001, application for Issue of Replacement Elector’s Photo Identity Card, is to be used by Indian citizen wanting to obtain a duplicate of their Electoral Photo Identity Card due to its loss or mutilation or in case an applicant has changed their address.
What is Form ECI-EPIC-001 for?
In India, a person who reached the age of 18 must obtain a personal Election Vote ID in order to participate in political life of the country and to use some features provided by the adulthood. In case of Card’s loss, you can report this fact to the Election Commission of India (ECI) through your Electoral Registration Officer (ERO). Election Commission will consider your application and fact of loss of the card, and a new ID Card will be issued.
Is Form ECI-EPIC-001 accompanied by other forms?
This form should not be accompanied by any other forms. Nevertheless, a copy of a document identifying your personal information should be provided in order for a new ID to be issued.
When is Form ECI-EPIC-001 due?
This form should be filed with your Electoral Registration Officer any time a need arises. You should not delay the report about the loss of your identity card, as it can take be used by someone else.
How do I fill out Form ECI-EPIC-001?
Information on the following points should be provided:
- State information: applicant’s state and district;
- Name of Elector; EPIC No. of Original card, if it is known;
- Father’s, Mother’s or Husband’s personal information;
- Applicant’s Sex; Date of Birth;
- Type of receiving: applicant may collect EPIC from VRC, by Post or from BLO;
- The last page of this form contains a blank Authentication for Issue of Epic, which should be used by the Electoral Registration officials. This part of the form must be completed by officer only.
Where do I send Form ECI-EPIC-001?
Once completed and signed, this form should be submitted to the applicant’s Electoral Registration Officer (ERO).